Dental Care for Kids in Sacramento, CA
If you’re looking for pediatric care in the Sacramento area, contact us at Bubbles Dental. Our team of pediatric specialists is knowledgeable, experienced, and compassionate, offering the highest level of care and quality during every visit. For more information about our pediatric dental services, or to ask any questions that you may have, contact us today. Or, when ready, you can book online to schedule an appointment. We are conveniently located at 6030 S Land Park Dr, Sacramento, CA 95822.
Table of Contents:
Your child’s dental journey begins early on, with the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry suggesting that their first visit be as soon as their first tooth appears.
The majority of children have their first tooth come down between the 6–12-month mark, meaning that’s important to have a pediatric dentist lined up before then. This is an important part of preventing early onset tooth decay and other dental problems that can occur throughout your child’s development.
Children go to the dentist for the same reason that adults do: to establish good dental habits, to safeguard their oral health, and to identify and treat any problems that may crop up. In addition to this, kids go to the dentist to:
• Prevent cavities and tooth decay. Starting dental visits at an early age minimizes your child’s likelihood of developing cavities and decay in their baby teeth.
• Prevent excess bacteria build up. Regular annual or semi-annual appointments with a pediatric dentist will ensure that your child’s gums, tongue, and teeth are clean and free of potentially harmful bacteria.
• Minimize the risk of infections. Regular cleanings ensure that bacteria don’t build in the mouth, with reduces the likelihood of your child contracting an infection.
• Have their speech and bite checked. Dental issues can directly impact your child’s ability to speak and bite properly, which can negatively impact their confidence and nutritional intake. A pediatric dentist can identify potential and active issues and remedy them through high-level dental treatment.
• Promote healthy dental habits. Early exposure to a dentist helps your child develop healthy dental practices and also minimizes the potential of them developing severe dental anxiety.
Dental problems in young children are usually the result of genetics, an insufficient diet, poor dental habits, or injury. It may be shocking for some parents to find out that their child can suffer from many of the same ailments that adults do, with issues able to start as early as infancy!
The most common oral health problems in children include:
• Dental Anxiety
• Dental trauma/injury
• Gingivitis and gum disease
• Lip sucking
• Malocclusions (bite and alignment issues)
• Premature tooth loss
• Thumb sucking
• Tongue thrusting
• Tooth decay
• Tooth Sensitivity
Dental professionals recommend that you begin taking your child to the dentist as soon as their first tooth erupts, which is typically between the 6–12-month mark. Following this, they should continue to see their dentist regularly, with cleanings being scheduled every 6 months and full dental examinations taking place once a year.
Your pediatric dentist may recommend additional visits for children that have a family history of dental health issues, are prone to dental problems themselves, or are showing early signs of orthodontic problems.
At Bubbles Dental in Sacramento, we understand that you want the best care for your child throughout their development which is why we offer comprehensive pediatric care and use child-friendly and state-of-the-art technology.
Our services include, but are not limited to teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments, comprehensive dental exams, fillings, crowns, root canals, tooth extractions, orthodontic treatments, emergency dental care, including traumatic injury treatment, and sedation dentistry.
Contact us at Bubbles Dental for support when it comes to all your child’s oral health needs. Pediatric dental care is the first step in your child forming a positive, lifelong relationship with dentistry and we would love to be a part of that. If you’re ready to book a pediatric dental appointment, you can give us a call or book it online at your earliest convenience. We are conveniently located at 6030 S Land Park Dr, Sacramento, CA 95822. We serve patients from Sacramento CA, Lemon Hill CA, Pocket CA, Meadowview CA, Greenhaven CA, Hollywood Park CA, and surrounding areas.